Butterfly Habitat Sensory Bin
I went a little bit all out with this one – but it’s still on the simpler side for prep.
- White beans
- Fake grass (mine are the square ones Dollarama releases with their summer line)
- Fake flowers pulled off their stems (I thrifted mine for super cheap)
- Bug catchers from Amazon
- Wild Republic Nature Tube – Butterflies
- Learning Resources Fine Motor Tool Set
- Hape Nature Glass
- A bug catching container. Ours is a Dollarama one, but Melissa and Doug also sells a really cute butterfly one!
I first put down the lentils and beans. I would only do one or the other if you don’t enjoy sorting beans out of lentils for an hour afterwards. Then I shook the fake grass into the beans/lentils, added the flowers and lastly the butterflies.