Easter Morning Sensory Bin
Looking to add some extra fun to your Easter morning? This Easter sensory bin is a fun option!
Let’s go back to Easter of 2020 – we had been stuck at home for a little while, the twins were still young to fully embrace an Easter egg hunt. I was at the dollar store and noticed they had fun kits that would make the perfect sensory bin so I decided to grab some fun options to make an Easter sensory bin! When Easter rolled around I threw the bin together in our Ikea Flisat table the night before the hunt right after I had hid their morning hunt items. Easter morning rolled around and they came downstairs – they were SO excited to have a sensory bin to dive into (honestly, I think they were more excited for the bin than they were the actual Easter hunt).
It was a great addition to our Easter morning routine and gave us a break to enjoy some coffee and peace amongst the usual chaos. Here’s the details of our Easter sensory bin!
- Dollarama Easter kit that included little chicks, some bunnies, carrots and straw
- Green paper basket filler
- Ikea Flisat table and bins
We use our Ikea Flisat table for almost all of our sensory activities – you can read more about why we love it here. Each section of the bin was it’s own little lance – a carrot field for the bunnies, a grass field for the little chicks and a hay bed resting point for all of them, nests included!
As far as learning opportunities go, you can always…
…use it to practice counting!
- How many chicks are hiding in the grass?
- How many carrots can you pull out of the garden?
- How many chicks fit into the nest?
…use it to practice Easter and Spring words!
- Bunny / rabbit
- Chick / baby chicken
…practice fine motor skills!
- Use various tools like tongs to move the animals
- See how many chicks you can stack before they fall
- See how many pieces of grass you can pull out with tongs in a row
The upside to simple bins are the creativity you can apply to them – let your kiddo take the lead on it and see where it goes.
Want monthly newsletters with activities, discount codes and more? Sign up below!